Welcome to the Online Ticket Payment Program for the Northwood Mayor's Court. As part of an ongoing process of expanding services and incorporating technology in day-to-day operations, you can now pay eligible citations online.
Payment of Citation Without Court Appearance (Waivers)
Ohio law allows certain traffic citations to be resolved by a Traffic Violations Bureau instead of appearing in Court. If your citation qualifies, payment can be made either in person, via the mail, or online, as long as it is received by the Clerk's office prior to the Court date and time which can be found on the bottom of your citation or by accessing the record search information. You must pay the full amount, NO partial payment can be accepted.
Court records are updated every 24 hours, so if you forgot or missed your court date, you should check the status after that time. You may still qualify to pay. If you do not qualify for payment, you MUST appear in person at the Clerk's office as a warrant has already been issued for your arrest and/or notification to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles of a license forfeiture and/or block along with additional fees.
Multiple Violations on Citation(s)
The result of your search will display all cases relevant to that search. Tickets can contain up to seven (7) separate charges. If you are paying to waive a court appearance, make sure you are paying all the charges. Multiple cases per ticket are listed with letters after the case number (ex. TRD10000001A, TRD1000001B, TRD1000001C, etc.).
Proof of Insurance
Proof of insurance is a State of Ohio requirement. If you showed proof of insurance at the time of the offense, then you have complied with the State of Ohio requirements, no further action on your behalf is required. If you did not show proof of insurance at the time of the offense, the Court is required to notify the State of Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles who in turn will mail you a request for proof of insurance. Failure to comply will result in a suspension of your driving privileges. DO NOT SEND PROOF OF INSURANCE TO THE COURT AFTER PAYMENT.
Citations That Do Not Qualify
If a citation includes any mandatory offense, it is NOT payable online and a Court appearance is required. What follows is a list of offenses that cannot be paid online requiring a Court appearance:
- Any felony or indictable offense
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs of abuse, or permitting another to do so
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving under suspension or without a license except for expired license of less than six (6) months
- Third moving violation within 12 months
- Eluding/fleeing a police officer
- Drag racing
- Physical control
- Illegal license plates
- Any speed 16mph and over in a school zone
- Any speed 36mph and over
- Passing a school bus
- Railroad crossing violations
- Reckless operation of a motor vehicle
Payment of Citation After Court Appearance
If you fail to pay a waiver or fines and costs on or before your scheduled date, there will be additional fee's added.
- A $10.00 late fee will be added to all violation waivers and unpaid balances
- A $15.00 license forfeiture fee will also be added along with your driving privileges being suspended through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV)
- Upon reinstating your driving privileges, BMV imposes a separate fee for the reinstatement process
All unpaid fines and costs will be sent to Capital Recovery Collection System with a 30% collection fee added to EACH case.