Northwestern Water & Sewer District
LEAD AND YOUR WATER
Toledo Edison - Report street light outages
How to Identify a possible natural gas leak - if you smell a rotten egg or sulfur odor, you hear a blowing or hissing sound, or if you see blowing dirt, it could be a natural gas leak.
What to do - Leave the area immediately and go to a safe location. DO NOT open windows or doors, smoke, light matches or use light switches or equipment, including your house phone, cell phone, or garage door opener. And don't try to find or fix the leak yourself. Warn others to stay away from the area and wait for the fire department or Columbia Gas of Ohio.
Who to Call - Go outside and from a safe location call 9-1-1 and Columbia Gas of Ohio at
Doing your part, call before you dig! - Before you start any landscape or home improvement projects that require digging, be sure to call Ohio Utilities Protection Service (O.U.P.S.) at 8-1-1 at least two full business days in advance to mark the approximate location of buried utility lines that might be in the construction area. It's fast, free for homeowners, the law and it could save your life.
Visit ColumbiaGasOhio.com for more safety tips!
Do You Need Help With Your Energy Bill?
Columbia Gas of Ohio offers a few programs that might help you with your Energy Bill.
One Time Yearly Assistance
1. HEAP (up to 175%) - Home Energy Assistant Program
- One-Time Payment given by the state based on income eligibility.
- Applications are accepted through May 31, 2017.
2. Winter Crisis Program (up to 175%)
- One-time option of paying $175 to stop disconnection or reconnect services during the heating season.
- Some reconnection fees may apply.
Lower Your Bill
1, WarmChoice (up to 150%) - Weatherization Program for Columbia Gas
Warm Choice is a free home weatherization program that is designed to help income eligible customers enjoy a safer, more comfortable home and save on energy bills.
To apply: Please visit Columbia Gas of Ohio website at www.columbiagasohio.com/WarmChoice to find your WarmChoice Provider or call 1-800-952-3037 for a referral.
2. PIPP (up to 150%) - Percentage of Income Payment Plan
- Qualifying customers to pay just 6% of their monthly household income or a minimum of $10 for their natural gas bill year-round.
- Successful completion of the program will result in forgiveness of a portion of the total money owed.
Need Extra Help?
1. HeatShare (up to 175%)
- Customers who have exhausted other forms of financial help may receive additional funding through HeatShare (up to $250).
- Households experiencing financial crisis may also be eligible. This is handled case by case.
2. Columbia Fuel Fund (up to 200%) - Ends in 2018
- One-time payment based on income eligibility, allowing customers to receive up to $250 to use toward their Columbia Gas of Ohio Bill.
- This is a last resort fund and customers must have used regular HEAP and WRO.
- Funds become available in January and are on a first come, first serve basis.
ESTIMATED INCOME - Use the charts below to match your Total Estimated Annual Income
Household Income (150% Poverty)
1 Person / $17,820
2 People / $24,030
3 People / $30,240
4 People / $36,450
5 People / $42,660
6 People / $48,870
Add $6,240 for each additional family member
Household Income (175% Poverty)
1 Person / $20,790
2 People / $28,035
3 People / $35,280
4 People / $42,525
5 People / $49,770
6 People / $57,015
Add $7,280 for each additional family member
Household Income (200% Poverty)
1 Person / $23,760
2 People / $32,040
3 People / $40,320
4 People / $48,600
5 People / $56,880
6 People / $65,160
Add $8,320 for each additional family member
If you reside within the City of Northwood and you do not have access to natural gas, here are a list of propane suppliers within the area. The propane suppliers provided here are for the convenience of our residents. The City of Northwood does not endorse and is not responsible for their service or availability.