Periodically, the City of Northwood businesses, residents, or events may be in the news. These news stories and press releases can be viewed below.
IN THE NEWS:
- YouTube live stream shows if train tracks are blocked in Northwood- Published on Channel 11 Website on July 19, 2018 by WTOL Staff
- Northwood PD streaming video of busy railroad crossing - Published on Channel 11 Website on July 19, 2018 by Ida Tedesco
- Northwood Residents Fight Zepf Recovery Housing for Women- Published on 13 ABC Website on July 12, 2018 by Melissa Voetsch
- Northwood project will improve energy efficiency - Published in The Press on February 26, 2018 by Kelly J. Kaczala.
2017 - In The News:
- New $27.5 million Northwood school opens Tuesday- Published in The Press on September 1, 2017 by Yaneek Smith.
- State collection of local taxes opposed by Oregon, Northwood- Published in The Press on March 28, 2017. Written by: Kelly J. Kaczala
- Landfills chosen to receive Luckey site soil, debris- Published in The Press on March 20, 2017. Written by: Larry Limpf
- Northwood: Moratorium sought on medical marijuana permits - Published in The Press on March 7, 2017. Written by: Kelly Kaczala
- Northwood opens bids to raze 3 buildings at mall - Published in The Press on March 7, 2017. Written by: Kelly Kaczala
Campbell, Inc. is a 3rd Generation Family-Owned business with Kris Campbell leading the Company. They have grown their company to 80+ employees by pursuing excellence wiht impeccable ethics and through superior performance. They pride themselves on offering energy saving solutions for their customers by tracking energy usage patterns and implementing the latest technologies for mechanical and environmental systems. They are also committed to providing all-inclusive commerical, industrial,and institutional plumbing services. Every business decision is made so that their customers can gain high-value and cost-effective solutions.
We are so pleased to have Campbell, Inc. as a part of the Northwood Corporate Community!
September 4th - 6th, 2018- 2018 GoodWill Pass It On Challenge
Northwood Local Schools and Rossford Local Schools accepted a challenge with one another to collect the most unwanted items with drop off locations for GoodWill. The Challenge, based on amount of pounds collected, was that either Rossford's Mayor, Neil McKinnon, or Northwood's Mayor, Ed Schimmel, would wear the losing schools gear. The Challenge was accepted by both Mayor's and the communites banded together to get their goods to the trucks!!! On September 6th, 2018 the back of the trucks closed up tight and the counting began. At the Northwood vs. Rossford Football game on Friday, September 7th, 2018, the tally was in...Northwood had gathered the most lbs. earning a $500 Scholarship!!! Great job to both Rossford and Northwood Communities!
May 9, 2018- Northwood Local Schools held the "Walk To School" event in which students had the opportunity to walk to school. Buses dropped students off at the Municipal Building at 6000 Wales Road and with the help of teachers and Northwood Police Department the students safely walked to school!
Located at 2509 Oregon Road, Northwood, OH 43619
November 29, 2017 NAMSA Bench Dedication
On Friday, July 14, 2017, Mayor Schimmel unveiled the Northwestern Water & Sewer District's WaterShed. The new WaterShed is located at 1740 S. Wheeling Street, in Northwood, Ohio, located in the Frisch’s Big Boy parking lot. A WaterShed is a stand-alone building owned by The District that houses a reverse-osmosis, 9-step water treatment system and provides perfect tasting purified drinking water at a low price. Cost is 25 cents per gallon or a dollar for five gallons.
On Friday, May 12, 2017, The Eastern Maumee Bay Chamber of Commerce held their Prism Celebration at the Oregon Library. During this celebration, John Melnyk was presented with the 2017 Person of the Year Prism Award.
Great job John, and Thank You for the numerous contributions you have made in our community!